Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 11:35 AM   #5
Iabracing

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 29.2
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #16711
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
I see no responses to you so far so welcome to the forum.

I don’t know your coach specifics, but I would double check for an AAV under your bathroom sink again. After the sink trap there should be a T with the AAV high up close to the counter top. Check that it is screwed on tight; they also fail and it may need replacement. Make sure all traps have water in them so tank gases don't come though that way.

Regarding the trap under the shower......there absolutely should be one even though the space seems tight. On some coaches the only access to the shower trap is an access panel over the rear wheels. If the trap is leaking enough water typically that water will drip out of the access panel onto the tires. Not sure if this applies to your coach though.

Regarding the jack fluid you need to determine if this is just a loose hydraulic hose connection on the jack or a leaking seal on the jack. I assume this is an OEM Lippert jack system and if so they do not offer rebuild kits like some competitive jack brands. So this means replacing the jack at considerable expense. I would also ensure that none of the jacks is leaking anywhere. Also have the hydraulic lines inspected completely for abrasion points on any chassis pass through etc. There have been many complaints about hoses leaking from hydraulic hose failures on this forum. Also make sure the jack system reservoir has appropriate fluid level and no obvious leaks in that basement cubby.

I would find out which “battery control system” you have in this coach. Find out if the coach and chassis batteries will charge properly (actually measure voltage levels on the battery strings under the various power source alternatives) from shore power, generator and when engine is running. Some battery don't provide two way charging.

There are many other things that should be checked too......look for buying used RV checklists on line or in this forum for more info. I hope you enjoy camping with your coach.
Thanks Javelin for the response. After finding schematics of the plumbing system for similar model year on the general community search, I was able to locate the AAV lave hidden behind a false panel in the corner of the bathroom. You can actually touch with your fingers, but have to remove the panel to access it! Sure enough it was sitting on it's very last thread. I retightened and that seems to have cured the problem. I have replaced the panel using screws and replaced the staples that were use daily for easier access in the future. As for the jacks, there is a leak in the compartment and the dealer has located the issue with one of the solenoids, so it is being replaced now. Thanks again for the help and all of the info on theses forums! I'm learning something new everyday...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum