Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 09:38 PM   #1761
Wild Handyman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2 - E-450
State: Virginia
THOR #5259
I have a 2017 Thor Axis 25.2 and the angle of the front seat bottoms sucked from the factory. The driver's seat wasn't too bad, but the passenger seat felt like you were being tipped forward. Today I did a cheap and easy fix.

I went to Tractor Supply and bought four 5/16"-18 X 2" long bolts and 4" of 1/4" washers. I painters-taped the washers into four separate one inch bundles, removed the existing seat bolts, put a bundle of washers on each side in the front between the seats and the slide mechanism, and sent the newly purchased bolts through the washers into the seat bottoms. THE SEATS NOW FEEL FANTASTIC!

NOTE: If you are going to do this, I would strongly suggest that you tape up the seat skirts to keep them out of the way as you work, and be careful of sharp metal edges under the seats.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum