Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Water system
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
Fuzz

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Cruiser 31 5 Wheel
State: Ontario
THOR #491
Send a message via Yahoo to Fuzz
Tah 796; follow up my instructions above by dumping some plumbing antifreeze down all of the drains to protect the P-traps from freezing......especially the kitchen and bathroom sinks. Don't forget the bath tub/shower too.
Plumbing antifreeze can be added to the fresh water (cold) system as per my previous post in one of 2 ways; a)by adding it directly into the fresh water tank and then distributing it by simply operating the water pump until the pink antifreeze emerges from all of the appliances ie; toilet, faucets, shower head, ice maker, etc. or b) by attaching a hose immersed in a bottle of plumbing antifreeze to the inlet side of the pump and operating that pump as in a). Of course either method requires that all water be drained completely from the system prior to adding plumbing antifreeze.

As for your filter, I would suggest looking in the area of the water intake for your water pump. I just took delivery of my Cruiser fifth wheel unit so I have not looked for my filter yet.

Do not be intimidated as all of this stuff is really quite easy to do.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum