Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 10:17 PM   #1
Searsb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Kentucky
THOR #2859
Collision repair?

Not sure where to post this question, and I am a little reluctant to ask it, but her goes. Does anyone know if Thor does any fiberglass repairs to collision damaged front caps? I have a new 2016 palazzo that has the lower front cap damaged below the hinged center piece and also the p/s below the head lights and fog lights ( neither of which are damaged). I just received a an estimate of 20K from dealer collision center to fix it. I realize there is three color of paint plus a gel coat sealer takes time along with the fiberglass fabrication, BUT the labor hrs and charge seems excessive. I feel like the whole front cap could be replaced and painted in 1/4 of the time they estimated for repairing (78 hrs for fiberglass repair plus 25 more for painting) I am CLUELESS on this! I was hoping not to file an insurance claim after less the 2 weeks of coverage, plus the embarrassment of being the nut behind the wheel ( newbie to class A 2.5 mph did notice the lack of ground clearance in front of me too busy trying not to hit the tree limbs above me)
Plan to call CS at Thor tomorrow , but after reading so many complaints not sur what to expect in the way of help, certainly not their issue. Any suggestions

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.