Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 01:49 AM   #35
pocowok

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by LATraveler View Post
A couple of days ago, I went to put out the slides and there was no power. It was late, so i went to bed and waited'til morning. In the morning I discovered the 5amp fuse was lit up in the fuse panel. I replaced it and all went back to normal. Yesterday, the same thing happened and I replaced the fuse again. And again. About the 4th time, the fuse arcked. According to the description inside the fuse box, the 5 amp is for the LP & CO detector.

I am out on the road in Crescent City, CA. The two automotive shops I have been to are too busy to take a look at it for several days. I have a call in to a mobile RV repair but don't know how long it may take him to respond. I am a couple of days away from making Portland. Without slides, I'm mostly inconvenienced by not being able to get the coffee maker out not walk around the bed, but certainly liveable.

I am no electrician but willing to try any fix. Can you give me advice for what tip look for? Is it dyi? Should I push on to a big city for a possible repair shop? I'm in my first week of a month long adventure. I am also attending a women's rv rally in Mt Hood beginning a week from today. I would appreciate any response/advice.
According to the slider control wiring diagram, here is what I would go about finding your problem:
1. When the slide is working, verify the "manufacture supplied lockout" input voltage. (see the slide controller wiring diagram)
2. Pull out the 5 amp fuse and measure the same terminal to see if the voltage has changed.
My theory is the slider lockout circuit include not only when the engine is running but also other events such as smoke/CO detector activated etc...
Hope this is your problem...
Now, once you have confirmed the problem is coming from lockout relay, we can focus the trouble shooting to the lockout logic.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum