Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 02:14 PM   #16
Ford1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Serrano
State: Florida
THOR #8144
First time I have read your post. From your photos it appears that you have full body paint? If that's the case then there should be no 'gel-coat' damage. On my previous MH which was not painted, I used a similar product by McKee. The product worked as proclaimed and made some improvement, though not what I had hoped for. (I only applied it in a test area) There was no gelcoat damage. In fact the product smelled and acted like floor wax. My guess is that this stuff is pretty much the same and I don't think that it should have been applied to a painted surface. I am not sure what could be used to break down floor wax, but I would look into it and maybe try it on an inconspicuious area to see if it is effective and doesn't damage the paint. Maybe Johnson's Floor Wax has an solution on their website. Another product that seems to have similar characteristics is Paver Sealers. They apply it directly to the pavers and it leaves the surface somewhat glossy. They also have removal agents, but the question again will be the effect on paint. I am truly sorry for your troublee and, believe me, I think that we have all experienced problems of similar magnitude on our rigs. Please keep us updated.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum