Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 10:00 PM   #5
paulwadley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Hi Steve and Rebecca
I am on my 2nd Mercedes Benz sprinter chassis motor home. I first had a 2016 Winnebago that we bought back in 2015. We drove it to/from Albuquerque from Anaheim Ca. a couple of times as well as all around the local areas putting about 15,000 miles on it. I had to get the oil changed once since it is scheduled for 20,000 miles. The 1st one is just an oil change (14 quarts) and filter. At the MB dealership it runs about $225.00. The 2nd service is a bit more expensive if you go to the MB dealership (they say about $700) for the oil change, filters and valve adjustments. My first one I only had the 1st oil change and then traded it in for a larger 2018 MB chassis class C Thor Siesta. The first one had no slides and no overhead bunk which made it more aerodynamic getting about 18 mpg in diesel. Now my current 2018 Thor Siesta, I average 13-14 (I drive above 65 most of the time). We went 6700 miles back in mid April returning the end of May across 13 lower states from Ca to Florida and up to Kentucky and back. As far as power, it has no problems climbing grades and going downhill. We then took 2 trips to Tombstone Arizona (1,000 miles each rt), then off to Yellowstone National Park (2600 miles rt) and then to Salt Lake City and back. I think I go through about 4 gallons of DEF every 7500-8000 miles. It is very easy to drive and park. I had little to no problems driving and parking in Yellowstone National Park this past July. It seems easy to drive above the speed limit and some of the areas we were able to set the cruise to 78 mph with no problems. I did a couple of mods to it to improve ride and comfort. I added Sumo Springs that replaced the factory bump stops. It cut way down on the side to side sway and they were easy for me to install myself. I also had a rv shop install The Equalizer Hydraulic Leveling System to level it out when we park. Makes sleeping, sitting and walking around inside much better. The motor home did come with electric stabilizers but they only "stabilize" it when parked not level it.

Plus my wife wanted something she felt comfortable driving in the event she did drive it.

Paul

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum