Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 01:03 AM   #9
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKnative View Post
I have heard it said that you shouldn't put out a slide only part way and stop, then retract. I have also heard not to extend without being hooked up to electricity. I have done both of these in the past* with no immediate or apparent damage but a few months ago I had to replace one slide motor so wondering if these situations have anything to do with it. I have a 2014 27K Hurricane with a very long slide on one side from behind the entry door all the way to the back but only goes out about 2-3 feet. *I have 500W of solar charging my batteries when I was running the slide out and in.
Because it in the instruction booklet. When you release the in-wall slide button, the controller turns on the slide motor locks, but the motors stop at different rates and the slide can become cocked. This doesn't happen much on the smaller slides, but it does occur on the longer slides and the front bunk. Pressing the button twice automatically resets the slide motor sinc setting in the controller to zero (just like stalling the motors), so if the slide is cocked it will cock more rather than straighten out.

The reason to have 14 volts available for the in-wall slide motors is it easier for the controller to keep the in-slide in sinc. Both motors have Hall Effect sensors and this output is what the controller compares to determine the motors are in sinc. The controller reduces the voltage to the motor that is going faster. Low voltage shut-off is 9.4 volts nominal. If you have only 11 volts at the controller you risk a low voltage shutdown if one side of the slide has more friction than the other.

Hope this helps.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.