Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 04:26 PM   #14
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scDust View Post
I believe it takes a 5/32" allen type hex key wrench, at least on the Lippert system.

Just a side comment here. It would be fantastic if 10scDust could draw up and share a hydraulic schematic diagram (with labelled key valves etc) of what is actually happening on the Lippert jack system.....up and down. I enjoy reading his occasional contributions to this forum on the Lippert hydraulic system, which many of us should/could certainly learn more about. Of course time is always a limitation for any of us.....just saying it might be worth saving such a diagram and description in our RV smart book(s).

By the way year 7 on my ACE 30.1 and no jack problems.....yet. I am sure my luck will run out eventually. Lippert recommends changing some of the hydraulic oil (transmission fluid) every three years, but I have yet to do that due to concerns about using fluid that may cause problems. I am also anal about cleaning the jack ram rods just when breaking camp before retraction. I brush the jack feet clean of any accumulated dirt/rocks and then spray and wipe down each jack rod with silicone spray and clean paper towels. Not sure if that has made a difference to protecting the jack rod seals from damage.....but it can't hurt unless you use the wrong king of spray that may attack the seals).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.