Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Realistic MPG
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 09:13 PM   #94
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by lal22 View Post
Welcome to the forum! I have an ACE 30.1 & we bought it for the floor plan. Everyone kept telling us that the floor plan was most important, all else can be modified or replaced. The only way you are going to get better mileage of any significance is if you get a Class B, or buy a vehicle to pull a trailer/5th wheel. Once you get into the larger class A or C you can't be worried about the gas mileage, it is what it is, lousy. It also depends on where you drive it, like going up mountains. Try to figure out what would serve you best, how it feels to drive them, how many people will be sleeping in the RV. I wanted something that gave us a separation between the bedroom and kitchen/sitting area. That way if I got sick of my DH on a trip I could lock him in the bedroom [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

But to more specifically answer your question, I think you can expect to get about 8.5 mpg with the class C and 7.5 with the A. That would be based on my personal experience though not with the exact models you are considering. Of course how you drive has a lot to do with it so your results may vary. As others have said, the difference probably is not big enough to be a deciding factor in selecting a coach. Consider storage and cargo capacities as well as floor plans and get what you like. Some people value personal safety very highly and go with the class C because it has crash airbags and quite a bit more structure between you and whatever you happen to hit. The one piece of fiberglass on a class A sure ain’t much!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.