Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 01:20 PM   #21
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Do you have a source for the E-450 frame being different than the E-350's?

Looking at the published Ford specs I see that the E-450 frame is a little thicker gauge on the cutaway models, but on the stripped chassis the spec shows both to be the same. That seems very odd to me but I've checked it a few times. And it doesn't seem to be a misprint.

Regarding axles, the front is the same at up to 5,000 pounds, with the rear axle and springs being the only differences I can see between E-350 and E-450.
Chance

Something you might try is to go out to Ford Parts and compare some of the frame components (cross members, frame rails etc...) and see if any of them are used across the multiple variations of the E series. This should provide an indicator of whether or not the steel is the same gauge.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum