Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 07:58 PM   #1
yukongrant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
Thor Outstanding Customer Service

I've read the problems many owners are having with their Thor motorhome. No doubt it can be bad. But I want to outline my most recent experience.
I bought a new Compass last year (and have used it extensively this summer). During my PDI, I notice I was missing the passenger seat cushion (for when you swivel the chair), and a screen for a window. A few weeks after getting it home, the house batteries would not hold a charge.
I reported the problems to my dealer. And they assured me they were taking them up with Thor. When I did not hear anything, I asked a second and third time about the status. The dealer assured me again (and again) they were waiting for a response from Thor.
I gave up waiting and replaced the no name batteries with middle of the line AGMs. If I had left it at that, I would have been one of those complaining about Thor.
But I didn't. I called the 1-800 customer service. I have no special relationship with Thor - not like what I would expect my dealer would have. I told them about the missing cushion and screen. No questions asked. They had them delivered to me within 2 weeks. (I live in Yukon, Canada so it takes some time to get anything here.)
Then I told them about the batteries. I really doubt it was Thor's fault. I suspect the dealer did not charge the batteries while they were storing it over the winter. And I told Thor I did not expect they would replace the standard batteries with AGMs. But asked what they could do for me. The Thor rep asked for my receipt - which I sent.
Today, 2 months later (and having given up all hope they were going to do anything for the batteries), I got a cheque for the full amount of the AGM batteries. Just outstanding!
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the dealer to get back to me with those warranty omissions they assured me 3 times were coming.
Sometimes Thor takes the heat for its dealers. And I do think the could improve their dealer network and their quality control. But my experience with their customer service after purchase has been very positive.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum