Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 12:28 AM   #16
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilet69 View Post
I read somewhere it is NOT good to run with door open... not sure why... doesn't make sense. So hopefully this does not cause any issue.
I think what you prob read was referring to the generator's "door"...the hatch made by onan. ..The reason, there are two different and divided plenums behind. The left one (on mine) is the intake side. It's pulling in the induction air, but also a huge volume of cooling air. Exhaust is through the other side and down. Removing that hatch allows for the air to short circuit.

The door made by thor forces the intake air to come through the short little space between it and the genny...so most of the air comes from below...and there are several negatives from pulling that air in.... and it's not all from the chassis engine
it's close to the hot pavement.
it's where the hot air from the genny goes
and it's close to the big V-10 too.

The other thing about wanting cool cooling air, besides the obvious.... is that the fuel pump and filter are in that plenum. The heat leads to vapor lock.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum