Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 12:37 AM   #9
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
My ags was 141 bucks and two wires on the generator. Pretty easy.

Someone mentioned to me today they have Wireless units from Onan. I assume the one you are talking has controller in a lower bay or did you run it to the main wall with other switches.?

DVD is dead art. There is almost no reasonable reason to have a DVD player other than to salvage a past investment in a dead technology. It's like installing a cassette player to salvage a collection.
Yeah I am anything but reasonable. Lots of reasons for a DVD player. In fact unit I would buy would likely not only do DVD/CDs but also VHS. I will want all of the other things too, but in my $90k Man Cave I want all the dinosaurs and dead technology I can get. You talking to a guy that has 5 modern wax turntables that I just love to sit down and play Albums. (Even when the same Album is on my phone). 2 of my record players are USB. But I am glad I didn't ask about my 8 Track player

Roku plugs into any TV with a USB port, some are hdmi. Any TV in any modern rv will have USB and hdmi ports. Install seperate rokus on each TV. They're about 19 bucks to 60 bucks each. The 19 buck roku units work just fine and are the size of a thumb drive. Cables are outdated technology. No sense in running them everywhere to save 6 bucks net.

The context of this question is that the 2019 27B comes with HDMI Switcher installed. I can take one Roku and stream a movie and display on all 3 TVs. That is kind of convenient when moving around or watching a game when all of the TVS are at the exact same time or cadence. And Yes, I may also want a Roku on every TV in the event my wife wishes to stream one thing and I another. I can't say that the Vista 29VE doesn't do it, but if it does; it is somehow connected with how the Satellite is pre-wired? FWIW, I have 5 Ultra Rokus in the house and they run about $85 on sale on ebay. We stream YoutubeTV and Netflix and we are covered no matter where we go. I don't even need motion satellite as we can stream YouTubeTV from our phones while we moving down the road.

Dimmers are cheap and easy to install.

I will look into this, I may have to wait until warranty expires but there are few switches that would be awesome if dimming were possible.

Dash fans? They make afertmarket clip on fans that run off of USB.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=USB+fan&ref=is_s

Thanks

I don't know about the paint.

I guess the takeaway is that while it is not full body paint, it is some automotive finish that looks like auto paint and thus better than plain gel coat.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.