Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 03:21 PM   #35
BASSMAN

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 25.4
State: California
THOR #7440
Machinetools1, I looked up your Inverter and Converter on WFCOs web site, I did not see anything out of the ordinary, my son is an electrician and was working for Solar City before Tesla bought them out, now my son is on his own with a mobile business doing residential and RV solar packages and service, he works the Southern California area and has his hands full right now due to all the Power Cut offs by PG&E, if he was in your area I would have him swing by and take a look, One thing I notice in your post is you list at one time a USE/STORE SWITCH and a USE/SHORE SWICH, the USE/STORE SWITCH should be on at all time, only time you switch to STORE is when you STORE your coach for the season, there is a solenoid under the bed and its controlled by the USE/STORE SWITCH, this will disconnect all your 12 volt DC power to the coach, the click you hear when you start your generator is the transfer switch, there is a spring in the switch that holds the contacts in the NORMALLY CLOSED POSITION, in this position the shore power goes from the transfer switch to the breaker panel, the contacts inside the transfer switch for the generator are in the NORMALLY OPEN POSITION, once the generator is started the solenoid in the transfer switch will move the contacts from the shore power contacts to the generator contacts, this is the click you hear, the shore power connection in the transfer switch is now in an open position, the output wires from the transfer switch go directly to the breaker panel, shore power or from the generator its the same wires, I would check your 110 AC voltage going into the converter when the generator is running, if you are not getting a full 110/120 AC volts you might have a problem with the generator output, low voltage can cause lots of problems and low voltage is usually a bad connection, some inverters have the output from the transfer switch go directly to the inverter and then to the breaker panel, and then some have only a few 110 volt circuits going from the breaker panel into the inverter, I have seen many different ways of wiring in the inverter, do you have a USE/SHORE SWITCH or is this just a typo?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum