Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 04:25 PM   #37
Machinetools1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29m
State: California
THOR #16201
Bassman, sorry about that it was a typo. I have a USE/Store rocker switch and not a USE/SHORE rocker switch my bad. I thought if you leave the USE/STORE switch on it would eventually run your batteries down if you were not using your motorhome for a couple of weeks.

We had a 40-foot Weekend Warrior toy hauler for 12 years before we purchased this motorhome. Everything in this motorhome fits like sardines in a small can. The wiring and electrical items were spread out a lot more in the toy hauler. I guess we had the same components in the toy hauler but never experience this type of joy. Life is a learning experience and I am up for the challenge for sure.
I was a machinist for almost 25 years before I went on to this job I have now. Mechanically I can make anything but never really understood the electrical aspect. Its kind of funny as I was never good at math and that is something needed in machining. You learn basic formulas and angles you use the most and you work around your short comings to be better.

With the generator running I was getting 120 volts ac from the ac plug in where the ac converter was plugged into. I was getting the same with the generator off and shore power reconnected.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum