Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 06:05 PM   #1771
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
The dash monitor is just a cheap 10.1" tablet of your choice running torque and a custom display made by moving the guages I wanted where I wanted.
It's held in place with those removable velcro strips. A 10.1 fits perfectly. I don't think a 12"could squeeze in. To get it to sit purely flush you'll have to clip off the trip reset button on the factory Guage cluster or build some offsets from taped up coins up something if you think the trip reset that only goes to 1000 miles has value(clipped off, it still works. You just need a pen or something to push the button you made from the stem it was...and you can see I have a trip reset for torque right where the factory Ford reset was)

The beauty of it is you can move the guages around so the steering wheel doesn't block anything. With the swipe of a finger I'm viewing secondary guages. With another swipe I'm viewing maps or a camera.

Link below is a picture of the Guage cluster I spent 10 minutes on putting together with torque. As it needs changed, I can change it in about a 15 seconds per Guage. Bigger, different, dial, or just moved. And they overlay and overlap if you like.
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...5&d=1569700711

Edit:
A second thought while posting this post:
I imagine a $10 tablet mount from Amazon would allow the screen to mount to the steering column in such a way that the screen would tilt as you tilted the wheel. I see little value in it, but hey, a mod is a mod....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum