Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 05:12 AM   #16
saddlesore

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I never knew what the SOB stood for I always thought well you know the other guess. It makes since though; thanks for sharing

How long is your rig? Wow that thing is nice. Have you ever had it in 2 or 3 states at the same time?

Let me guess 6 miles / gallon, 4 ACs, 10k Generator? Makes my tent look like an ant mound
Umm...For us it will do.

If what You have meets your needs (not your "wants") and is dependable, don't knock it.
There are places you with your "ant mound" can easily get into and enjoy the sights, ..

Where as We cannot due to our length. weight, height, ground clearances or the turn radius...

The more complex and costly any piece of equipment is .. the higher (sometimes.. MUCH Higher) the cost of maintenance and repairs/upgrades.
And don't forget about additional costs of the licensing and sales taxes..

That said..
We "did without" and saved for nearly 41 years in order to purchase the coach for our retirement years..
40', 7 to 8.5 mpg, 12.5kw, Single slide, M-11 @ 500+ hp.
and yes, I have been to 4 corners NM/AZ/UT/CO.

Don't look back...You aren't going that way..
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum