Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 01:08 PM   #15
RoseyStapler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Nebraska
THOR #6107
Antenna Booster Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Rosey -- give us a little more info. What do you mean when you say you can only get educational tv? Does that mean that the TV only operates on one channel with no other channels available? Are you trying to use cable or the antenna? Have you scanned to identify the available channels? That little button you are describing sounds like the antenna booster.

It sounds like you never got an explanation on how the TVs work in the Axis. So here's some TV "how-to"

1. When operating on cable, the antenna booster MUST be turned off. The cable signal will not be passed if the booster is on. The booster should be a little black box on the top shelf of the cabinet above the sink, right hand wall, waaaaay in the back (you'll probably need a stool to reach it. I included a picture showing it in my 2015 Vegas 24.1. It's the black box on the left. You an see the two mounting screws and a little thing sticking out on the right side of the box. That's the antenna power button. Push it and if the light is on the booster is on. Push it again and when it goes out the booster is off. Just so you know the electrical plug you see is the plug for the microwave. The HDMI cable goes to the TV above the main door. I have a CD player I plug that into to watch movies on the TV in the living area.

2. Every time you operate the TVs you will have to do a scan to setup the available channels. And you have to do that whether using the antenna or using cable. On your TV remote you'll have to go to MENU and select the option for setting up the channels. Remember if you are setting up for CABLE select CABLE on the scan option. If setting up for the ANTENNA select AIR. When you scan it will take a while for the TV to find the available channels. Yo will have to do that for each TV.
Thank you so much - this was very informative. We do have the little green light that can be pushed on/off. When I scan with the green light on for AIR channels, most of the time all I can get is ETV stations. Sometimes we can get more locals [depending on the trees around us]. I was just wondering if there was a more powerful booster to get MORE!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum