Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 06:21 PM   #39
Howard1257

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #5767
Sprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
RVwithDogs,
Please keep us posted. With retirement on the horizon in the next two years we are wanting to do more long distance traveling and at 8.5 mpg the Vegas is a bit fuel hungry. I like the numbers those with the Sprinter have reported in this thread. NOt sure why diesel fuel is nearly $1 more per gallon but if it gets 50% better gas mileage (13mpg) it may be something to look into. NOTE: I have never owned a diesel vehicle, suspect there is a learning curve.
BTW: I saw in an earlier post that you are from Asheville, we are just down the hill from you in the Maiden/Lincolnton area. Let me know how your RV does on that strip of I-40 between Asheville and Old Fort (towing and not towing)!

DocMike
Hi Doc We live in Horse Shoe. At Ingels gas is 239 today and diesel 289 so only 50 cents more for at least a third better mileage. Whenever we leave here we go down a big Mountian or if toward Johnsonville Tn then up. So it all equalls out but stays the same, plus the power. We do not tow. I carry a Honda moped . Thinking about a toad but not sure. The cost of it etc. If we are at a place for a week we will rent a car. going this week to Kerr Lake. Nect week to Hunting Island St Pk. I will check the mileage coming back up but should be close to the same .Do not usually carry 40 gallons of water but will this time like I did to Michigan trip in May. Mileage stayed the same.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum