Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 12:31 PM   #18
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Bottom line...it's a lot of money and buyers should spend a serious amount of time sitting in them and testing everything out before purchase. Same holds for the "test drive". A ride around the block doesn't cut it. If you've reached "purchase point" in your search, a long drive of 50+ miles is in order. You need to simulate a camping experience over a few hours inside the coach and how things fit your plan. Dealers push you to close. They know the weak point better than anyone and will quickly steer you away from them. The "place settings" on the dining table, flowers randomly throughout the coach and decorative throw pillows everywhere direct your focus to the "end result". Move this crap and sit down, lay on the bed for a while and get the feel of it. Most everything inside is vendor supplied. And, yes...there are different quality levels of interior products as the price point goes up. The industry as a whole is price driven...it's a matrix of just how much inexpensive and light features can we build into them. The chassis GVWR is a break point as well. It's so sad that the learning curve for many buyers enters the picture after the purchase and it all begins with not spending enough time before the purchase. It took me two years, 12 RV shows, too many dealer visits to count and hundreds of hours of research to make my call. Are there things I wish I had done different after the purchase?...nope.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum