RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 02:02 PM   #6
jabrabu

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
How is the performance with the new shocks? Did you or do you plan to change the front also?

I had already replaced the front ones, and they are a huge pain as well. There is very little space between the frame and truck body, especially on the driver's side, so it's very difficult to get a tool on the upper mounting nut. And when you do get a tool on there, you can only turn it about 1/16 turn at a time, so it's a very tedious job.

The performance with the new shocks is good. I first got a good alignment, installed big Hellwig swaybars, and a Saf-T-Plus steering controller. Those things made a big difference in driveability and stability on the highway, and in steering feel, and no more getting pushed across my lane when a semi passes. The new shocks got rid of wallowing on non-smooth roads and improved ride quality a bit. Not as big an improvement as the other mods, but still noticeable.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.