Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: No power.
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 09:52 PM   #1
Davie200

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #15962
No power.

Interesting thing I had was I picked up my home from maintenance after a extended repair work on front end problem and a constant check engine light kept coming on. Both were fixed by Freightliner service which did an outstanding job. But when I got home I had no power to the home. Couldn't even start generator. The solar charger was flashing red and a 601 code. Looked it up and said a no battery or low volts (less than 3) yep they were at 2.0 or less across the bank. Hmmm. Ok called Thor. Said you need to charge them up above 3 to get them to start working. Ok. I did that. As soon as I hooked up charger (I have a commercial one 20 amps or better) everything powered up. My guess was that the mechanic needed power not knowing that when switch by door is left on it powers the components in the home, thus when no sun, or hooked up to shore power you kill the batteries. Just thought I'd let you all know if you drop off from a off service area not familiar with YOUR motorhome which some are down right different will kill your system. Alls good now.
HAPPY CAMPING

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum