Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 10:22 PM   #20
Machinetools1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29m
State: California
THOR #16201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinetools1 View Post
So maybe my regulator is a little weak as it is not hot here (70 degrees) and not much load. No lights on for the chassis and charging the house batteries.
I have a question and maybe one of you wiring experts can answer.

I had the battery light coming on in the dash and could not get more than 13.2 volts out of the battery. I was thinking king the alternator was not putting out enough charge. I never could get more than 13.2 volts to the battery.

At the same time I had the converter not charging the house batteries when then generator was running. I ended up having a short in the converter and replaced it. Now the generator charges the house batteries.

Now the weird part. I was going to take the motorhome to have the charging system looked at. I started the motorhome and the battery dash light was off. I ran it for approximately 10 minutes and it never came on. I put a volt meter on the chassis battery and it was producing 14.3 volts. I turned the motorhome off. Had someone start the motorhome while I was checking the voltage. It was at 12.6 volts before the engine was started. It went back up to 14.2 volts after it was started. We turned on the air, all the dash lights, high beam with headlights on. I checked the battery voltage and it was still 14.2 volts.

No my question: could the bad converter be causing the battery sash light to xome on?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum