Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 01:19 AM   #2
Mr.Good

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar Ventana LE
State: Tennessee
THOR #16834
I have a 2017 Citation, but not the tankless WH. Mine has a drain plug, that I open and drain out the water. Manual says that should be sufficient. I don't like getting RV antifreeze in the WH. I use an air compressor attached to the "winterize" fitting in the left rear water bay and blow out all the lines (all sink faucets, etc open). I put a gallon of RV antifreeze in the toilet and flush leaving a little in the bowl. I pour some in each of the sink & shower drains and make sure I get plenty into the grey tank.

I pull the chassis battery disconnect (by the accelerator pedal). I take a picture of the 2 house batteries under the step, then remove them and take them home to keep the warm and charged. (I park my MH 2.5 miles away.)

That's it. We get some January & February temps down into the teens. I haven't had any problems in 3 years.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.