Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 02:19 AM   #7
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrirn View Post
Our 2013 Thor A.C.E. 29.2 has 2 low point drains, one on the input side of the water pump, the other in the output side. The output side drain refuse to pop up regardless of the effort. Last winter, I chose not to deal with it as I reasoned that pumping antifreeze through the system would displace any residual water. I know that replacing the little pop up valve is the ultimate resolution but it’s hard enough to reach just to get a hand on tucked away behind the WP. I’ve sprayed a little PB Blaster on the thing but worry about degrading the nylon or plastic. Thoughts? Suggestion?

Just to clarify, on my 2013 ACE 30.1, I also have the same two low point pull drains on either side of the water pump......and they are low point drains. If one of these drains is frozen shut then pumping pink antifreeze into your lines through the water pump will replace the water in the line and force it out through faucets etc during the normal Winterization process. A simple plumbing diagram is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Simple RV Plumbing Schematic.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	20862  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum