Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 10:47 AM   #9
RV20192

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #16883
Well, I did my part and crawled underneath, had to take some covers of, but yes, there are tank pads attached.

I then had some coffee, got bored and called Thor. Was able to talk to a very nice technician right away (!), he looked something up and confirmed that it had heated tank pads. Should have tried that before writing them.

But he advise me that they might not work anymore after 18 years, and it all might cause problems once temperatures go below 20.

So I will turn them on once cold enough and check if they get warm. If not, and power is present, it should not be too bad to remove them and swap with new ones.

We usually only use the holding tanks when on the road and nothing else is available. In campgrounds, if no or unacceptable facilities are available, we use a heated fresh water hose and a incandescent light bulb in the water heater compartment, to prevent it from freezing.

Worked so far. If anyone has other ideas/tips, let me know, would like to hear what others do.

Thank you all for your input.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.