Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 04:19 PM   #9
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I have high doubts that there will be four rv's at temple bar that part of the year.
Even on summer weekends we were often there with less than 10 people in four or five vehicles.
It is far far removed from anything else to do with the lake. We used it to go up the Colorado and the part of the lake north of Overton. Upon reflection, I've never seen the park more than 15% full.

I would really like to see you do some research of the area. If you don't have a boat, you're captive in a parking lot with a view(that gets old quick) and not a single thing to do,and no where to go.

We live at the last vestige of civility outside the south rim gate of the grand canyon.
If you make it to the south rim pm me and I'll take 20 minutes of your time to show you some off the path things you'll never forget.

If you have a tow'd and you're truly interested in oddities, I know of many of them within two miles of i40 that haven't been visited by 1000 people I the last 100 years.

There are no 'people' around Lake mead. There isn't a private residence or hotel(unless they've slipped in a hotel recently) anywhere ON the lake. There are federal trailer parks where people have long term leases. There are no towns, no houses, no locals. Just marinas every 23 miles or so.

If you want to meet locals at a local lake, lake Havasu is your only choice. And even there, there are no residences on the lake except on California reservation land.

Except for a barmaid and a maintenance guy, I doubt you'll see anyone local at temple bar. Meadview is the nearest place with locals. There is no value to experiencing Meadview.

If you're truly interested in meeting people who live near a lake, take an extra day and go to slab city on the Salton sea. It's close enough to Vegas to put it on the list for the trip back home.
Salton sea is the world's largest oddity and a place few other modern traveller's can tell you've they've been to. It's so damn big it would have taken me 4 months of full time sidescan mowing to do it all. Lots of planes, a train, and most of a salt mining camp are down there. We spent a good bit of time over about four years.

The Sail Inn is possibly the only Cafe open on the entire lake.

There's a small community on lake Martinez and I think one on the California side of Cibola. No gas, possibly no fresh food. Cibola and Martinez are lakes even the locals don't know about. Both are big, like tens of miles long big.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.