Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 01:23 PM   #17
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKConey View Post
We saw one but thinking it was too similar to our Thor Compass. Considering the new Thor Sequence or Travato?
There is a huge difference in living space between Class Cs or B+ and a true Class B van campers. Also that a B has no outside storage.

You can not beat a van camper for ease of driving, parking, and touring the country because you can go pretty much anywhere with little or no planning, but I’d suggest renting one for a few days if possible to confirm space is adequate. It’s a different animal altogether. From wet baths, to tiny holding tanks, to limited storage inside and out, etc... Traveling with others is not as simple either, or with large pets.

New vans can be about 50% more spacious than old Ford Econoline like ours, so I’m sure they are a significant improvement. However, compared to our previous small C or those we occasionally rent when traveling with others, space is not even close. Also, when built as a camper, most new vans can’t tow a trailer like the old Fords — which allows me to rent a travel trailer for additional space if needed.

There’s a lot to like about van campers, and we do, but there are lot of compromises also to consider very carefully.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.