Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 12:45 AM   #62
rynosback

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRVey View Post
I had an alarm go off on the LCI panel on our 2018 Palazzo with a "Jacks Down" warning light. Fortunately it was still under warranty and it was only loose front hydraulic fittings, but the fact that a leak could have resulted in my Jacks extending while going down the freeway was more than a little concerning.
I called Lippert, who said that all 4 Jacks share the same system and needs pressure to retract as well as extend, so if one leaks, they are all at risk of falling down. They also said that the old spring retract system was prone to failure when springs age or rust. At least you can easily see a spring and replace it yourself, cheaply when needed and one failure out of two springs each won't allow all your Jacks to fall!
I am going to try to add retracting springs to my pads to provide a failsafe in the future.
That is great that you have springs, but DRV Mobile Suites do not.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.