Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 03:52 PM   #4
Moorefamilyhill

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #17062
Norrirn: I am going with a floating vinyl plank type floor. Its a click/lock style and very thin. I got a great deal on it and will be monitoring the installation in the front area for some time before adding to the other areas.

Ducksface: if you insulate under the a replacement flooring the thickness of the insulation will be the limiting factor due to slide to floor clearance in the main space. as well as doghouse height clearance with the dash. Personally heated flooring may be a luxury but with most residential flooring not being warrantied nor designed for use in an rv I would keep it as simple and least costly.

For some photos and an update: I cleaned the undercarriage area wiht solvent and sprayed rust converter primer over the surfaces.

Then started application of the foam insulate material. The foam itself was of good quality and the sticky side was obscenely sticky (a good thing for my application)

I am attempting to put two layers on so roughly 2/3" thick and may go thicker if it holds well over time. Again this is because I cannot put a layer under my flooring in the cab area.

In the cab:

carpet removed:

cleaned up:

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum