Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 12:52 PM   #4
Metalman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursx2 View Post
Nice fix job!!!! My ladder has been used twice by me and once by my 15 yr old daughter and the two bottom supports are bent - I am 180 lbs and she is 110! No more going up this fragile thing - we use the TV antenna tower on the house and walk to the RV on the house roof from now on.
I weigh 245 and it didn't take long to realize that the ladder wasn't up to the task of supporting my weight. Now I use a 10 foot step ladder to get me almost to the top of the RV ladder, and I support the bottom of the ladder with a floor jack. I've been thinking about making an adjustable support that can be carried in a storage compartment. It would rest on the ground under the ladder and adjust to the height of the bottom rung of the latter. This is our forth RV with a rear ladder and the first one that has such a flimsy ladder.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.