Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 07:43 PM   #10
EVMIII

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.4
State: Mississippi
THOR #10956
I'm not a huge fan of the auto level system. I have found that I can much more conservatively level using the manual leveling function. I have opened the smaller bedroom slide on my ACE without the stabilizers down, but I try not to. Our first time out my auto level got a little crazy and my main slide would not close as we packed up to go. I also noticed my door was a little misaligned. I releveled and everything worked fine. My experience showed me that front to back or side to side leveling didn't create much of an issue with the slides, Torxing on the other hand created all sorts of problems. Luckily most spots I have encountered are mostly level side to side, front to back leveling was a more consistent situation. Sounds to me that you are certainly close enough to level operate the slides. As previously mentioned, your level wii change when you open the slides and you will find it much less stable without the stabilizer support. Safe travels.
(swapped out of 37' 5th wheel and Chevy 3500 DRW Duramax in Apr 18)
EVMIII is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum