Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 10:53 PM   #23
RVMichael

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #11784
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Cricket's web site calls it an "RV Golf Cart" and no where on the site is it classified an ADA mobility scooter. I am also considered permanently disabled and I can understand why my home state says no to the cricket. It is a 2 seat minature golf cart.

Thank you Virginia for getting this right.
Ummmmm, no Virginia is not supreme to the Federal government, so no Virginia did get it wrong. Alabama went through the same thing, was sued and the justice system said Alabama was wrong. Indeed, this mobility device has 2 seats because sometimes my wife's medications do not allow her to operate a motor vehicle. If she doesn't take the medications, then the pain is to great for her to even ride in the vehicle. Virginia is not only legally incorrect, they are morally incorrect in that it is not hurting anyone to allow handicap people reasonable access, but it is hurting people to not allow reasonable access. Sorry, but it's still Boo on Virginia for discriminating against those with mobility handicaps.

The Federal Law

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum