Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 02:24 AM   #3
Richie

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RS26
State: Texas
THOR #12938
Sounds like a similar problem we had on our Coachmen class A. It turned out be an accoustic air/wind problem rather than mechanical/electrical. Howled like crazy. Never found an adequate or permanent cure. Turns out it was air passing through the gap between the engine hood and the front cap. Coming back from the Rockies one trip the howling was driving me insane when I got the idea it sounded like someone blowing across the top of a Coke bottle. I stopped and took a roll of duct tape and taped over the entire gap around the hood and front cap. Voila! Problem solved! From that point on I experimented with various types of weather stripping never finding one that would stay on permanently. But at least I was satisfied knowing the root cause.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum