Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 01:22 PM   #12
sw20td06

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #16938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
I also recently purchased a 2016 Palazzo 36.1 and have learned a few things over the last 14 months.

The solar is likely only trickle charging the house batteries. Some people start up the engine for a brief run at least once a week while camped to charge the chassis batteries. I recently bought a small device called an Amp-L Start. It is a small box that mounts near the batteries and sends a trickle charge to the chassis batteries anytime there is sufficient charge current coming to the house batteries (and their voltage is up). It only requires a positive lead to each battery bank and a ground to chassis. On the Palazzo 36.1 it is very easy to install since all the batteries are in one compartment.

On the AGS system, it is there and controlled in the Magnum control panel. I won't go into the detail of the settings since someone above has already done a good job with that. However, one thing I recently learned from Jimmy the Western Region Thor rep at a recent TDC rally was that every time you start your generator using the dash switch the AGS system resets to "Disabled". You will need to go back into the Magnum controller and set to Enabled if you want it to work again.

The air bags in the suspension system will actually deflate faster if you are going in and out of the coach a lot (without the levelers down) or if there is a lot of wind present. You can actually hear the air ride system adjusting the coach as you step out of the coach when parked without levelers. The same thing happens when the parked coach is buffeted by wind gusts.
Thanks! The first shakedown run with the rig went well. Pulled nicely with my 5k TOAD. No issues to report, but I did have a question for you or anyone that can answer it. When using the water heater, we flip the propane switch in the control panel and it fires right up. What is the lighted switch located in the master bathroom in the back of the coach for? It is right next to the toilet on the cabinet. The salesman told me it was for the water heater but I don't notice a difference with the switch on or off.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.