Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 11:43 PM   #36
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
I have put 4000+ miles on the front end/straight axle/transfer case/four wheel drive.

That damper came with the new front suspension so I don't know a before and after, but it's the same damper+- on those fancy new Yellowstone winter access vehicles(they were building them alongside mine) and on the antarctic support/exploration trucks.

I asked about its miniscule looks when I picked up the 24.1
They kinda chuckled and said I'd be fine.
I have been fine.

It's the same make/model damper the builder has on his converted vehicle. His is a big Nissan van converted to 4x4.

It works, but the straight axle is night and day better than the original 2wd IFS, so it's hard to tell what's what.

For the $100+- I'd sure as hell try a Rancho or bilstien or anything else before I fell for any $3,000 dealer fluff.
Dual Rancho or Bilsteins dampers, according to the link I provided, are under $150 bucks with the install parts.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum