Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 01:17 PM   #58
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVMichael View Post

....cut....

According to the Federal ADA law, this is a mobility scooter and was designed for this purpose. .....cut.....

I suppose “it can be” a mobility scooter under certain circumstances, yet I have never seen a Cricket or anything similar at a mall or football game where wheelchairs and personal scooters are common. Laws must therefore differentiate and limit their use in other places as well.

I’m not disabled but feel I could ride in a wheelchair or mobility scooter most places even without a placard. Lots of people temporarily limited by a broken leg or other injury can use a wheelchair just about anywhere. Not so a Cricket.

I do care. And I’m the most reasonable person I know.

After reading the entire thread again, the same arguments would apply if you tried to drive a Cricket into a mall or football stadium. She would benefit from greater access. No one else would likely suffer. It would bring her joy. Etc... But I doubt that’s enough of an argument.

You seem to have taken the position that a Cricket is a mobility scooter and should therefore have no limitations on where it can go. You’re asking for a blank check. I’m sure to you it seems black and white, but to those of us who weren’t there, don’t know the park, and are not disabled, it’s not so easy. The state of Virginia might also have excellent reasons why Crickets shouldn’t be allowed, but they are not here to represent their side.

I do care, but believe in the saying that no matter how thin you slice an issue, there are always too sides. As long as it’s legal to limit use of Crickets in malls and stadiums, it “may” be legal in other places also. I guess courts will have to decide.

Good luck, and wish you and your wife well.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.