Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 03:19 PM   #5
Moorefamilyhill

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #17062
doghouse stock:

-Removed the stock stuff, added a complete deadener layer, than CCF, then reattached stock stuff

Applied layer of deadener to entirety of floor

There are some bolts on the drivers side floor that are about 1/2 inch tall that would impede installation of the flooring so I broke down and bought some floor pad that would work with my LVP flooring.

Flooring:

Ive got a few more panels to cut and to get it done. Of note, the drivers side transition from floor to doghouse did not have enough carpet on the doghouse to completely cover it. Its also not flat so the floor cant sit as close to the doghouse transition as on the passenger side. So I will be wither re-carpeting the top of the doghouse with some of the carpet from the rear of the coach or doing quarter round on the doghouse. I was thinking eggshell black quarter round to match the window frames however my wife wants white trim..FYI I am not a fan of matching quarter round as the vinyl printed covering rarely lasts in my experience. I may do a matching stairnose however black may be the choice there as well.
I do show about a 4DB decrease at idle with no chairs in the cab. This should improve with the captains chairs installed and part of me wishses I had spent some funds on MLV. I may still do a MLV layer across the main walking area as the wood flooring doesnt have the hollow sound that the front had. . When I do the rear carpeted floor I will take some of that carpet and recover the small area on the passenger side kickboard.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum