Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 01:42 PM   #5
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
The real value I see in this "acceleration" technique is more psychological than physical. People feel the need to react, and if accelerating keeps their foot off the brake then mission accomplished.

They claim in video that physics are the same for all vehicles, including cars, but the sad truth is that motorhomes have much less power for their mass to accelerate with, so the benefits of accelerating would be much less anyway.

I've had blowouts in cars and SUV, plus a tire separation in the rear of a Class C. Like others above stated, I was fortunate to control them all without any serious difficulties.

The possibility of a rear blowout in my single-rear-wheel van concerns me more. If at high speed in a curve it could become hard to control.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.