Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 07:15 PM   #11
MJC62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Update/2. Today took the Ace and Cherokee back to my dealer that installed tow package . Dealer install tech checked the system out and concurred with my diagnosis of bad control unit. The tech, Matt, called Roadmaster and they had him run another “test” they said in rare cases the vacuum lines will develop an air lock similar to the vapor lock condition that was common in summer in the old carbureted vehicles. The pump runs and didn’t develop any vacuum pressure both Matt and I figured that the test was a waste of time but as Roadmaster walked him through the diagnostic procedure on the phone he ran the test. No joy, still no vacuum. The brake module is kaput. My dealer (Terry’s RV Frankfort IL) has done a great job , both with a professional install and thorough job with the diagnosis. My rub is with Roadmaster. Roadmaster wants Terry’s to ship the unit back to them on the west coast,(Washington?), then they are to rebuild and ship back and have my dealer reinstall, they don’t want Terry’s to slide another unit off the shelf into our toad. Fortunately we are at home, but if I were on the road with this issue at a servicing dealer this could be a time consuming and costly venture. Having to stay put for ? days while Roadmaster has my brake controller shipped back and forth. IDK but I’m not sure I want a rebuilt unit in my Cherokee when we paid for new. What are u guys/gals thoughts? TX Mark
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum