Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 05:33 PM   #31
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I think there's some confusion on this 'new' versus 'prototype' Tuscany...

One video I saw, with Steve from Thor showing it off and asking questions of the battery manufacturer rep at a trade show, was a FULLY BATTERY powered house - NO generator. This was a huge Lithium battery bank in the old 'generator' compartment, replacing the need for any generator. It also required the THREE pure sine wave INVERTERS, mounting in the main slide. You could run your whole coach off this battery bank with no need for Shore Power - everything, including the three roof air conditioners. It had the additional large alternator to help charge the battery bank while traveling, and also the integration of the Solar panels on the roof, as well.

This ADVERTISEMENT from MHSRV and it's video seems to only be showing a 'Lithium version' of a Tuscany, with most everything else being the same, including a Large GENERATOR, which is not really anything 'new', per se. The video IS confusing, though, almost as though it has clips of both versions of this Tuscany, showing the three Inverters in one clip, while showing a Generator in another, but yet NOTHING about the huge Lithium Battery bank....

I'm still confused. The MHSRV video 'looks' like it is alluding to the 'prototype' Tuscany, special built by the factory for 'display' purposes, yet the info attached to it, and the generator in front, tell me otherwise.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum