Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Propane Tank
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 07:08 PM   #7
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
I would suggest taking your coach to a commercial propane dealer (one that can re-certify even though a coach mounted tank does not need it), so they can check your RV propane tank out and resolve your problem safely. You paid a lot for your coach; you don't want to scrimp a few bucks for a proper fix and have it or its irreplaceable contents (you or family) burn up. There is lots of info on line about this kind of trouble (I am sure you are already finding it):

Propane tank won't fill - Winnebago Owners Online Community
In reading your suggested link it states that sometimes there’s excess air inside the tank that needs a “bleed” before it’ll take the propane.
That’s good info, thanks.

I’m going to ask the attendant to bleed it out before my next fill.
That is, my last two fills each took 4 gal or less, even though the gauge on the tank indicated near empty.
It’s a 12 gal tank, so I was expecting 7-8 gal.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum