Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 05:24 PM   #24
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnyfolks View Post
When we had our 2017 axis it also had an occasional popping in the front end, it wasn't until I began the installation of our aftermarket front anti-sway bar that I found a nut missing from one of the end link attachments to the factory anti-sway bar. This caused the anti-sway bar to bind occasionally on the end link bolt, and it would pop when it became free.
The OEM end links are undersized on the E450 chassis
I added the Helwig anti-sway bar and was advised to include the Moog End Links which are much more robust than stock. They were $25 each, so it was cheap insurance.

The one on this Forum who advised me...broke a stock end link on a rough stretch of road after the Helwig anti-sway bar install.

PS-I've got two barely used (4,000 miles) OEM end links available for free. PM me if you want them.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.