Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 06:56 PM   #25
mcr1010

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
The OEM end links are undersized on the E450 chassis
I added the Helwig anti-sway bar and was advised to include the Moog End Links which are much more robust than stock. They were $25 each, so it was cheap insurance.

The one on this Forum who advised me...broke a stock end link on a rough stretch of road after the Helwig anti-sway bar install.

PS-I've got two barely used (4,000 miles) OEM end links available for free. PM me if you want them.
That could have been me that you mentioned as I broke some links on my Vegas with that has the 350 chassis awhile back.
Just wanted to mention that if you have the Helwig sway bar check to make sure they the bar links are still tight after a trip. While under there recently checking brake pads, I noticed mine had loosen on both ends of the bar. i.e. the nuts had backed off a turn or two and these are flanged lock nuts. I have tighten them back with Loctite, but will most likely add some more lock nuts to as jam nuts. Seems to be a lot of stress on these links.

Anddddd............... loose links make popping sounds.

Also, where did you get your HD Moog links?
Thanks and happy trails

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.