Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 01:24 PM   #5
Mousemate

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 29.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4359
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
Attachment 21163

Attachment 21164After reading some posts.....A few weeks ago we had huge Rains in a short period of time & Power was out. I have whole house generator no worries. Neighbor down the street is calling me in a panic he needs a generator for his some pump or his basement will start flooding. I didn't want to take by brand new one that is still in a Box my 2000 W I have not prepped it yet. Would have brought my motor home over but was in storage 2 towns over. I did have this generator in the picture brand new up in my attic for years in fact I told him I bought it 4 years ago and hopefully will start. I took it to his home with one of those quart pre mix cans of gas you buy at lowes or a big Box store I am sold on them. I take the generator out of the Box brand new 2 cycle as seen in the photo and the receipt is still in the Box I actually purchased it in 2008. Never ever put gas in it or started it. I filled it with gas and it started on a second PULL and is actually a super nice emergency generator that anybody could buy with a coupon for $99 you will be set with an emergency power source that you might not ever have to use but is kind of a cool thing to have, it is super super lightweight quiet and comes with a 12 V battery charging connection also. I realize there are bigger better fancier generators or other ways but in an emergency and after 10 years of being in this Box starting on 2nd PULL was really impressive. I would think a $99 insurance policy to carry with you no bigger than the size of 2 shoe boxes would be worth it In an extreme emergency. I do carry a backup Generator in rig in case batteries are depleted. This little thing can help at home and on the road.
i have a 5 year old (harbor freight) version ...
love it that little thing...it has gotten me out of a pickle many times.
it has run my sump pump and ref. no problem many times before i installed my whole house generator.
its so portable
make sure you use the ethonal free gas.... it will start everytime....
it not loud at all...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum