Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Back Into RVing
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 08:14 PM   #1
Dick1030

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta Sprinter 24ST
State: Florida
THOR #1581
Back Into RVing

My wife and I have been RVing for decades but had to get out of it, for awhile, due to a few glitches in my health. Last year we decided to gently get back into it with a small 24' Keystone trailer with a Murphy bed over a small sofa & U-shaped dinette that could be easily hauled behind an SUV. It's a nice little trailer but when our first weekend turned out to be 3 days of off & on rain, we realized that we outlived spending a lot of time in small trailers about 30 years ago.

Last weekend, after a lot of research, we found a used 2019 Siesta Sprinter 24ST on a Mercedes diesel chassis and signed a contract. A week from Saturday, we bring our trailer in as a trade and start again. We think that with the king bed, theater seating, rotating passenger and driver seats, outside entertainment center, generator, etc., we'll at least be comfortable.

I've read some of the posts here and look forward to learning from everyone, as I follow along.

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as we get settled in. The one question I have now is: Do any of you with 24' Sprinters, or similar motorhomes, operate without a dinghy? Do you find the 24' RV small enough to get around town or too big? Or is it too inconvenient to breakdown hookups to leave a campground to go sightseeing, or whatnot?

Thanks for your help.

Dick
King Bed & 3 TVs
Who says you can't take it with you?
Dick1030 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum