Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 10:49 AM   #12
randyj

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Aria 3601
State: Georgia
THOR #11333
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyj View Post
My experience has been that many Corps of Engineers and State Parks Campgrounds have water and electrical hook-ups but not sewer.
As such I find our holding tanks fill pretty quickly, usually within three days of arrival, necessitating emptying them in some manner and to date I have done so by unhooking the services provided and driving to the dump site and then returning to the campsite for another several days.
When camping last week at COE Bald Ridge CG on Lake Lanier in Georgia my neighbor utilized a Barker wheeled sewer caddy to dump both tanks and offered to let me use it as well.
I was unable to do so as the inlet of the sewer caddy was taller than the outlet for my holding tanks.
My neighbor was able to overcome this as his Entegra coach had a tank pump permanently installed but as I do not, I must rely on gravity to dump the tanks.
Any suggestions or solutions as to how to overcome this issue you might have are appreciated.
Thank you.
Thanks for all your responses.
I have purchased the FloJet pump and 42 gallon sewer caddy from Barker.
Have not yet used either as waiting for MH to be returned from dealer for minor warranty repairs.
Hope to do so in mid November but this looks like a good solution.
Thanks again!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.