Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Cold weather
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 06:17 PM   #6
rrg201

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: WindSport 35M
State: Arizona
THOR #16292
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
Definitely colder than I have done... See if others chime in, but my thoughts:

Good electrical hookup (30A or 50A) I hope?? As you will want some electric heaters running for occupants comfort.
As I said the propane heater will be VERY thirsty - and tends to be a load on batteries for the blower motor if not plugged in/charging.

If you don't need to use onboard water - leaving winterized would be safest. If you need to use - I'd start with extra antifreeze in the dump tanks - again my main concern is the drain pipe to dump valve - the tank itself has lots of expansion room. (If hooked up to sewer - leave gray open... but that's not recommended with black for 'piling' reasons.)
Stay warm!!
Thanks

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum