Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 12:44 AM   #110
Terence

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: Maryland
THOR #15350
winterizing Vegas 25.6

We bought a 2019 Vegas 25.6 this spring, replacing our water-damaged 1997 Coachmen Class C (24', no slides, V-10). The DW hasn't figured out what to do with all the cabinet space! Still working on getting all the kinks out, but so far pretty happy with it. I do wish it was a bit cooler in hot weather -- not sure if it's just that big front window or what else, but it gets a lot warmer than the old Coachmen. We got 10.0 mpg on the last tank, with about half of it at 70 mph (no toad), and it's not broken in yet. That's a bit better than the old Coachmen, while weighing an extra ~2500 lbs, so I'm pretty happy with that.

For winterizing, I've mostly gone the compressed air route in the past, which was pretty easy on the Coachmen with an inlet that went through the pump. For our 25.6, I bought a hookup for the city water inlet, and it was easy enough to blow out everything. But I don't think that blows through the water pump. How do I get that cleared out? I opened up the red and blue low point drains. Do those go through the pump? Can I hook the compressor up to one of those to blow out the pump?

I sure hope I never need to get at that pump! I don't see any kind of access to it, other than maybe taking out the outside shower. Crazy!

-Terence

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum